The VESI has a long history of dedicated training programs designed to constantly demonstrate compliance to standards of work and ongoing competence. Much of this training is based on the legacy of the SECV and has been the subject of continuous improvement, however much is also based on more modern safety practices, such as risk management, auditing and nationally agreed qualification and competencies. It is these processes that allow training to become a cornerstone of our established safety systems. This webpage has been designed as a training information portal for all VESI employers and employees.
VESI SKILLS & TRAINING REFERENCE COMMITTEE (STRC)
The purpose of the committee is to administer the following:
- Competencies and qualifications for persons accessing an electrical network.
- Establishment of VESI common training modules.
- Agreed VESI common Passport entry requirements in the Australian ESI Skills Passport.
- Representation of the VESI in appropriate Victorian & national forums.
- A consolidated approach to industry training boards (EPIC) and the Industry Skills Council (EE-OZ) and related national programs
|| Pam O'Neill, Mark Andrews, Belinda Page
|| Remco Pen, Pekka Puronpaa
|| Kirsty Dougall, Mauris Bianchin
| United Energy
|| Robert Foord (Chairperson), Adam Beel, Alex McRobert